Heads Up

Mom Sends Warning About Dangers Of Heating Vents And Babies

February 3rd, 2020

It’s no secret that left unattended, kids can get themselves into all kinds of trouble. All it can take is a few preoccupied minutes doing the dishes for the young ones to get up to no good. When one mom from Oregon had her 3-year-old walk up to her and say “baby in”, she knew something didn’t sound right.

swiggle1 dot pattern2
Youtube Screenshot Source: Youtube Screenshot

When she responded “Baby in where?”, to her dismay, her son led her to an open air vent in their home.

There she realized; her baby had fallen eight feet down the vent.

swiggle1 dot pattern2
Youtube Screenshot Source: Youtube Screenshot

The mother panicked as any would and rang 911, asking for help.

Understandably, she was in hysterics and wept on the phone as she begs special services for help.

“It took me like ten seconds to realize this awful thing is happening to me, there’s no way my baby’s in a vent,” the mother told Inside Edition

10-month-old Coleson had fallen down the vent after his older brother had removed the covering grate. An easy oversight, which could have had awful consequences. With many sharp surfaces, it must have been the fluffy insulation to prevent any serious harm. The good news: The baby could be heard form the bottom of the vent. At least the mother knew he was still alive.

swiggle1 dot pattern2
Youtube Screenshot Source: Youtube Screenshot

All the mother could do at that point was keep talking to her baby, and wait for rescuers to arrive.

When rescuers had arrived on the scene they quickly established that they would not be able to pull the baby up and out of the vent, but would have to find another way to reach Coleson. That solution was a tiny crawl space below the house, which allowed officers to reach Coleson and push him back up and out of the vent.

swiggle1 dot pattern2
Youtube Screenshot Source: Youtube Screenshot

In the end Coleson was dirty and scared, but thankfully uninjured.

That’s one lucky baby! Falling from such a height and into such a dirty and dangerous place could have meant serious injury for Coleson or worse. By whatever miracle, however he emerged essentially unscathed, if a little filthy.

swiggle1 dot pattern2
Youtube Screenshot Source: Youtube Screenshot

Some time later, Coleson gets reunited with his rescuer!

Well that curious little guy has a hero for life now! Looks like you owe someone big time little buddy! Maybe one day soon when you have the mental capacity for situational comprehension, you’ll be able to give him a big thanks.

swiggle1 dot pattern2
Youtube Screenshot Source: Youtube Screenshot

Needless to say, the vent itself is now made much safer.

It may take only a few seconds for kids to get themselves into trouble, but it takes a scare like this to prevent another such instance. It goes without saying that some safety measures have now been taken in the house.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Youtube Screenshot Source: Youtube Screenshot

So in go a few screws, and the house is now safer for it.

And thanks to Coleson’s older brother informing his mom of his brother’s mishap, her quick call made to 911, and to the officers who went above and beyond, a baby gets to live another day. It’s a harrowing tale, and a reminder to do a little extra child-proofing!

Watch the full video below to enjoy this wild ride of a baby rescue!

Please SHARE this with your friends and family.

Source: Inside Edition

Advertisement
Advertisement