Life

Little Girl’s Warning Save Home From Fire

July 1st, 2021

It was a day like most others at the Jermyn household.

Four-year-old Amelia was sporting a tutu and jamming out to music from Disney’s Frozen after a nice meal of chicken nuggets and french fries that her dad just cooked in the air fryer.

That’s when danger struck and Amelia had to switch from princess mode to superhero mode

Amelia must have noticed the smoke coming from the kitchen because she ended up wandering in from the living room only to find the stovetop in flames.

Her first reaction?

She was in big trouble.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Inside Edition - YouTube Source: Inside Edition - YouTube

“Fire! Oh no, no! Dad’s going to kill me!” she can be heard saying on a survelliance video in the home.

Amelia is looking at the fire and patting her head trying to figure out what to do when the Frozen theme song starts to play.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Inside Edition - YouTube Source: Inside Edition - YouTube

This jolts her into action and she runs to get her father who was brushing his teeth.

According to Inside Edition, Amelia can often be heard telling her family fantastical stories, but this wasn’t one of them.

“She was like ‘Dad! You have to see this!’ And I don’t know why, so I was, like, ‘OK, fine.’ So I am brushing my teeth and walking out of the room,” dad Daniel Jermyn tells News4Jax.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Inside Edition - YouTube Source: Inside Edition - YouTube

“And I couldn’t comprehend it. You know what I mean? As soon as you see it, there’s no way this is going on right now, and I look and the air fryer is on fire.”

Daniel looked around for the fire extinguisher but he couldn’t find it and the fire was spreading fast.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Inside Edition - YouTube Source: Inside Edition - YouTube

So, he grabbed the air fryer with his bare hands, melting pieces of plastic dropping on the floor, and ran out the door with it so he could toss it into the family’s pool.

Dad suffered a few burns to his feet.

The kitchen’s stove, which the air fryer had been resting on, was a goner.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Inside Edition - YouTube Source: Inside Edition - YouTube

But things might have gotten a lot worse if Amelia didn’t run and get her father’s attention.

“If Amelia had not come and got me and I had not paid attention to her, probably one or two more minutes, we would have lost the kitchen, at least the kitchen,” Daniel said. “It was pretty close.”

The air fryer had been used 30 minutes prior to cook some chicken nuggets and fries.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Inside Edition - YouTube Source: Inside Edition - YouTube

“They had all been eaten and picked through,” Daniel said. “I just had it sitting on the stove.”

The air fryer was turned off but still plugged in and sitting on top of the stove when the fire broke out.

Good Housekeeping Institute Deputy Director Nicole Papantoniou told Inside Edition that it’s important to turn off and unplug appliances with heating elements when you’re done with them.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Inside Edition - YouTube Source: Inside Edition - YouTube

It’s also important to clean out your air fryer after every use because grease can accumulate on the bottom of it which can start a fire.

You can find some more air fryer safety tips here.

Watch young Amelia save the day in the video below – what a tiny little hero she is!

Please SHARE this with your friends and family.

Source: Inside Edition, News 4 Jax

Advertisement
Advertisement